A Delivery Lead (DL) is a management lead who is focused on customer success and enhances the customer experience. A DL is an enabler – they think strategically and they provide leadership.
The most important touch-points for a DL are the beginning and the end of the order cycle.
Delivery Leads also work to enhance communication and continuity across teams by assisting the delivery team to better communicate and co-ordinate initiatives with that of other teams or product areas.
A Delivery Lead is entirely customer-facing. Roles of a DL typically involve overseeing a range of functions to facilitate the delivery of the product to the customer.
One of the key responsibilities of a DL is to make sure that delivery and support processes are on track for the consistent delivery of a high level of client service in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
A full-time role, the DL is also expected to identify customer issues & needs by maintaining an excellent relationship with customers. The DL jobs, which embrace both administrative and technical roles, are best suited for skilled and hard-working individuals who possess superb leadership and interpersonal skills, and who are passionate about delivering end to-end customer-driven solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
A Delivery Manager must be able to
- Maintaining high performance levels for service-related processes, and implementing improvement activities wherever necessary
- Taking ownership of critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews
- Ensuring that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding service delivery
- Developing a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of service delivery
- Taking accountability for service delivery performance, meeting customer expectations, and driving future demand
- Maintaining delivery TATs.
- Assessing customer feedback – Addressing it with improved delivery process.
- Analysing third-party as well as internal processes, and creating strategies for service delivery optimisation
- Recommending methods of improvement and seeing that actions are implemented on time for service delivery upgrades
- Providing accurate and regular reports to the management on performance of the service delivery
- Determining ways to reduce costs without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
- Leading personnel management, including staff recruitment, performance assessment, training, and mentoring
- Building strong relationships with teams and stakeholders to enable effective dialogue exchange between departments
- Having a Masters / Bachelors Degree in a Business-related field.
- Experience in customer service and quality controls is important.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent resource planning skills.
- Ability to use business software tools
- Leadership skills team-work is necessary.